“Come out from your Faerie bower, Come upon this golden hour
Come to us, we beg you please, Faeries dancing on the breeze”
To create a fairy garden of your own, just follow these easy steps:
1. GATHER SUPPLIES
2. DESIGN IT
3. SET UP
- Find a flat workspace. Outside works best.
- Add at least a few inches of soil into the pot and pack it down.
- Carefully remove the plants for their containers, squeezing the bottom to release, and gently bury them in the soil.
- Add your lights now. You will have to partially bury them and curl them under and around plants and fixtures to make them stay.
- After all your fixtures and plants are in place, it’s time to decorate! Add stones, paths, bridges or fountains. I poured a rock path in my garden, making sure to cover the string lights.
- When everything is in place, trickle a bit of water throughout the soil to help everything settle into place.
- Since there are several different plants in my garden, some need watered more than others. I water them weekly and use a spray bottle to mist and spray them every day. The plants that need more water get a small cup of water every couple days.
- If you are keeping it outside make sure that the weather isn’t too harsh.
- If you are keeping it inside, make sure that all your plants are non-toxic to children and pets.
- Don’t be afraid to rearrange your garden if you get the urge. Add on. Get new furniture. Upgrade!
- If the plants grow too large, you can always take them out and replace them with smaller plants.
- Decorate your garden for seasons and holidays. It’s so much fun!
Places To Shop For Fairy Decor:
- Fairy Gardens on Pinterest
- Fairy Houses on Pinterest
- Apartment Therapy Fairy Garden Round Up
- Garden Answer – Youtube